Welcome to KennethErwinEngelhardt.net. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 01:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61
  • Total Topics: 34
  • Online today: 11
  • Online ever: 130 (Feb 20, 2024, 03:22 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 2
  • Total: 2
2 Guests, 0 Users

FG, States, LGs In Nigeria share N1.123tn in March

Started by Adanna, Apr 19, 2024, 06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adanna

TINUBU-AT-FEC-MEETING-1.webp

The Federation Account Allocation Committee distributed N1.123 trillion to the federal, state, and local governments for March 2024, according to a statement by the Ministry of Finance. This allocation, derived from a total gross revenue of N1.867 trillion, represents a critical infusion of funds to support Nigeria's various government tiers.

As part of its mandated role, FAAC examines and approves the allotment of financial resources across the 36 states and 774 local government areas monthly. This latest disbursement will enable governmental bodies at all levels to execute key duties and drive progress. 

Compared to February's N1.152 trillion, March's allocation saw an increase, reflecting economic growth and improved tax compliance. Specifically, Value Added Tax revenue rose significantly to N549.698 billion, up N89.210 billion month-on-month. However, Gross Statutory Revenue declined by N175.212 billion to N1.017 trillion due to reductions in excise duty, oil royalty, petroleum profit tax, customs levies, and e-money transfer levy.

Per the statement, the Federal Government received N345.890 billion, while states and local governments got N398.689 billion and N288.688 billion respectively. 13% mineral revenue derivation was allotted N90.224 billion for oil-producing states.

With a closing Excess Crude Account balance of $473,754.57 in April, Nigeria retains a reserve to ensure future financial stability. Overall, the allocated funds should stimulate nationwide economic activity and support the government's vital infrastructure, healthcare, education and other development goals.

https://punchng.com/breaking-fg-states-lgs-share-n1-123tn-in-march/

Alameen Karim Merali

CHFI | CompTIA | Cyber-Sec | OSINT | Medical | Social Engineering | Mobile Sec | Threat Intelligence |

Don't forget to check me up if you want to know more about me.  You can check my Linktree and Facebook to get more links on me too. HMU if you have any cyber concerns or anything tech related.